Assistant Operations Manager
Competitive basic salary + fully expensed car + mobile phone + 20 days holiday + your birthday off + health care scheme + other company benefits
FSC is a family business with 29 years of award winning experience in creating, rolling out and managing bespoke customer food-on-the-move solutions. Our customers include a selection of blue-chip companies in various industries, such as Shell, Debenhams, Thornton’s and Dunelm.
We offer a range of consultancy services drawing on our in-depth knowledge of the food-on-the-move sector and have managed projects in South America, North America, Asia, Scandinavia and several European countries.
Our Head Office is located in the world-famous village of Cheddar and we have an Innovation Centre near Bristol in Flax Bourton. Although many of the team are based throughout the UK and Europe, we regularly get together to review performance, share best practice and socialise! As well as working in a challenging and fast-moving environment, we believe it’s important to have a big chunk of fun and no day is ever the same at FSC.
The FSC field team primary role is to deliver operational excellence, improved profitability, unsurpassed customer experience and ensuring the Brand Standard of our major blue-chip retail partner is also upheld. Unlike regular Business/Sales Development jobs these roles seek to better understand the way businesses operate and give unbiased advice to the stakeholders without having an agenda to push. You are genuinely developing businesses rather than seeking to sell more products B2B.
There will be many key levers at your disposal and it is your challenge to choose the correct ones to suit the needs of the businesses you are working with. In contrast with a “normal” sales role you are not tasked with selling more units to benefit our business but the goal is to improve profitability for the business unit and for the client – however that is achieved.
As a Business Consultant reporting into one of the two Regional Managers you will have Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to achieve along with your own network of retailers and Service Station to performance manage, coach and reward.
Working together with the Operations Manager the role will involve:
- Being the focal contact for contracted manufacturers & distribution supplier
- Facilitating the smooth running of the supply chain from raw material to finished product delivery
- Ensuring that the supply chain is well prepared for on-time and in-full product launches
- Building strong working relationships with key supplier contacts
- Simple day-to-day, and complex long-term, issue resolution with suppliers
- Review of processes and management of change to improve the service given to FSC’s customers
- Identifying and delivering potential cost savings
- Quick resolution and closing out of delivery issues
- Supporting/covering your colleagues in the Operations Team as needed
- Frequent travel to manufacturing and distribution sites
- Being based between the two FSC sites (Cheddar head office and the Bristol Innovation Centre)
Key Skills and Experience needed:
- Background in Operations & Supply Chain is essential
- Background in the food industry is a distinct advantage
- Experience of food production and/or chilled foods would be of benefit
- Ideally exposure to working with a high volume of SKUs and in FMCG
- Managing projects from initial brief to completion.
- Good computer literacy – particularly Excel
- Numerical analytical skills
- Excellent organisations skills
- Relish working in a fast-paced environment in a hands-on capacity
- Enjoy frequent challenges, change and working in multiple locations
- Have a natural can-do attitude and attention to detail that allows you to work fast but efficiently.
- Able to work under own initiative
- Ability to learn to use new software quickly
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must