Commercial & Statistics Supervisor
Competitive basic salary + 20 days holiday + your birthday off + health care scheme + other company benefits
Full time, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Temporary 12-month contract
FSC is a family business with 29 years of award winning experience in creating, rolling out and managing bespoke customer food-on-the-move solutions. Our customers include a selection of blue-chip companies in various industries, such as Shell, Debenhams, Thornton’s and Dunelm.
We offer a range of consultancy services drawing on our in-depth knowledge of the food-on-the-move sector and have managed projects in South America, North America, Asia, Scandinavia and several European countries.
Our Head Office is located in the world-famous village of Cheddar and we have an Innovation Centre near Bristol in Flax Bourton. Although many of the team are based throughout the UK and Europe, we regularly get together to review performance, share best practice and socialise! As well as working in a challenging and fast-moving environment, we believe it’s important to have a big chunk of fun and no day is ever the same at FSC.
The role will involve:
This role is a supervisory role to support the Commercial Controller in achieving customer targets, ensuring that systems support business growth and help to support the day to day management of the team. For the first number of months, this would be assuming the management of the team due to maternity cover. In an ongoing capacity, the role will entail effective project management, analysis of performance, measuring success through data and translating this to the wider business. This person will be responsible for supporting business decisions in product mix and distribution.
The role will more specifically entail (Maternity Cover):
- Effective management of day to day team responsibilities
- Ensuring sales & wastage KPIs are in-line with budget on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Commercial Reporting & Analysis including financial reporting and wastage analysis
- Effective Management of product placement and distribution (nationwide)
- Provide reporting for key customers within FSC business
- Support key relationships with supply chain to ensure ongoing order fulfillment meets expectations
- Good understanding of all ordering processes within the team and able to communicate this to the wider business.
- Previous background in leadership role (minimum 2 years)
- Good with numbers & commercial understanding within business setting
- Meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Ability to make decisions with quick thinking and autonomy Essential:
- Computer literate, particularly EXCEL
- Highly numerate
- Fantastic commercial acumen
- Excellent organisational skills
- A self-starter
- Able to work independently/ part of a team
- Relishes working in a fast-paced environment in a hands-on capacity
- Enjoys frequent challenges, change and working in multiple locations
- Has a natural can-do attitude and attention to detail
- Shows initiative
- Has ability to learn to use new software quickly
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal If required to drive to suppliers/clients or between offices, a valid UK driving licence is essential