Split between Group HQ in Cheddar & Innovation Centre in Bristol
Competitive basic salary + mobile phone + 20 days holiday + your birthday off + health care scheme + other company benefits
Full time, Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm.
FSC is a family business with 29 years of award winning experience in creating, rolling out and managing bespoke customer food-on-the-move solutions. Our customers include a selection of blue-chip companies in various industries, such as Shell, Debenhams, Thornton’s and Dunelm.
We offer a range of consultancy services drawing on our in-depth knowledge of the food-on-the-move sector and have managed projects in South America, North America, Asia, Scandinavia and several European countries.
Our Head Office is located in the world-famous village of Cheddar and we have an Innovation Centre near Bristol in Flax Bourton. Although many of the team are based throughout the UK and Europe, we regularly get together to review performance, share best practice and socialise! As well as working in a challenging and fast-moving environment, we believe it’s important to have a big chunk of fun and no day is ever the same at FSC.
The purpose of the role:
The Commercial Manager is a senior member of management and will oversee areas of company performance affecting cost, policy, procedure and strategy.
The Main Responsibilities:
- Responsible for controlling all commercial elements of product launches including;
- Full end-to-end product costings to ensure the appropriate margins/profitability is achieved taking in to account design costs and allowance for waste.
- Managing and minimising one off design, origination, print and write off costs.
- Monitoring and managing product & category profitability post launch.
- Carrying out detailed Post Investment Review following each launch
- Contract negotiation, project planning and the managing of any risks identified by the company.
- Creating executive reports and recommendations for corrective action
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers
- Line management of team lead for waste management & sales analysis department
- Previous experience in preparing clear & concise product costings
- Proven previous working experience in a commercial role
- Management of full end to end P&L
- Previous experience in line management
- Proficient skills in excel essential
- FMCG industry experience
- Degree level accountancy or finance qualifications
- Mathematically competent
- Strong verbal & written skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Organised and ability to work to a strict critical path
- Ability to act quickly and think laterally at different solutions to challenges
- Great communication skills and confidence to speak to people at all levels.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to get your message across in a very positive and assertive manner and be resilient enough not to get deflected from achieving your goals
We can offer a friendly, busy and dynamic working environment where no two days are the same. We are a family business which values a good work-life balance, but also personal development.
To apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to Toril Simpson: Toril@thefscgroup.com